Tuesday 27 May 2014

Why am i doing this?

That's a good question, thanks for asking.

My brain just never shuts up. It's constantly on the go. It's the thing I have to battle with every night to try and get some sleep and is starts nagging me as soon as I get up, even before my wife gets to have a go at nagging me. My brain is like a constant thunderstorm, cracking, spitting and firing to the point that I get headaches. I struggle to have conversations sometimes because I always think I have something relevant to say and I'm desperate to say it before my pesky brain has run off down the road with several other lines of thought before I've even vocalised. I come over as arrogant and opinionated, mostly because my brain yearns for input, especially from other people and trying to understand them, so I always end up aggressively quizzing people about what they think and how they have got to the conclusions of their convictions and beliefs.

I can't spend time reading because usually I read a page, then read another thirty with my brain going off in a thousand directions based on the first page. By the time I realise that the last 30 pages just haven't registered and I have gone back and read them again, I've gone off on another daydreaming tangent. The reading material is always far more disappointing than fun I've had in my head.

Because I have always questioned myself and my beliefs, I see questioning others as ok. But the more I question, the more I feel alienated and awkward. I have always thought that if I was embarrassed about anything then I shouldn't be doing it. If I felt my opinions were flawed, I should change them. So I think deeply about everything, analyse everything and have a fluidic viewpoint on just about everything.

Also, because of this constant firing of all brain cylinders, I tend to always be coming up with ideas about things. I have such an active imagination that sometimes it seems a pity to let all those ideas go to waste.

So I have decided to help give my brain an outlet for the tripe and genius, garbage and philosophy that spews from my brain everyday.

I apologise in advance for the poor grammar and drifting off subject too. Writing a blog is also very hard to do, as I'm constantly having to try and remember what I was trying to write at the start of the sentence as my brain has jumped forty steps since starting to type it.

It will be a minor miracle if anyone actually reads this anyway I suppose

No comments:

Post a Comment